The mission statement defines our shared sense of purpose, direction, and opportunity.
We inspire, engage, support, prepare and challenge all students to achieve personal and academic excellence, to become life-long learners, and to be responsible, respectful and successful participants in our global community.
Core values are the underlying support to our mission, vision, and goals and therefore provide a shared foundation for working
The following core values of the Melrose Public Schools espouse the high expectations we have for all of the school community, directing how we conduct ourselves in fulfilling the school system’s mission:
- All students can learn.
- All students can achieve personal learning success.
- Quality and reflective teaching is essential in helping students reach academic and personal success.
- Rigorous, relevant and research-based curricula promote quality learning for all.
- Honesty and integrity guide our individual and group actions, interactions and decisions.
- By working collaboratively and collegially, we will be better able to overcome obstacles, solve problems and achieve goals.
- We honor and celebrate differences, respect individuality and take pride in and respect ourselves, each other, our schools, our work, and our environment.
- Strong, respectful partnerships between educators and parents are critical to the successful education of children.
- Ongoing and meaningful collaboration and communication between educators and community members promotes a dynamic school system.